WAIVER OF LIABILITY
- All participants must agree to the waiver of liability.
- The waiver can be accepted on each participant player’s dashboard.
- A waiver must be signed for each league that is participated in.
- All participants in the league assume the risk of injury. The PSL, its volunteers, and employees shall not be liable for injury to person, loss or damage to personal property arising from or in any way resulting from participation in the league.
- All participants must sign and acknowledge our Covid-19 Waiver and Hold-Harmless Agreement
- It is recommended that all players:
- Wear masks
- Social distance
- Avoid gathering in large crowds before or after your games
- Sanitize often
- Conduct daily symptom assessments. Anyone experiencing symptoms or has come into contact with someone who has tested positive for Covid-19 in the last 14 days must stay home.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
- Any behavior that is deemed violent, harassing, and/or inappropriate in any way, as witnessed by the umpire, referee, league commissioner, or PUMP/PSL staff will result in the actions outlined in our Sportsmanship Policy.
- A player who is ejected from a match must leave the premises immediately. Play will not resume until the ejected player has left.
- The league commissioner reserves the right to end a match at any point if the overall sportsmanship is out of line.
- Captains are to be the team liaison to discuss any call or rule with the league commissioner during game play.
SUBMITTING A ROSTER
- Each team must submit a roster with a minimum of 2 and maximum of 3 players.
- No player may register for more than 1 team within the same league.
- Rosters must be submitted and a waiver form must be signed before any player may participate in a match.
- Rosters must be finalized and no changes are allowed after the 2nd week of play.
- No player who is not on your roster and signed a waiver form may play in the league.
- Only rostered players will be eligible for our playoff tournament.
- A team consists of 2 players (no gender requirements).
- A team may pick up a maximum of 1 player from another PSL team in the league to avoid forfeit.
- If your rostered player arrives late, they must immediately switch in for the substitute player.
- You cannot pick up a substitute player for playoffs.
- All matches will start at their scheduled time.
- If a team does not have enough players to start the match by 5 minutes after the scheduled start time, they will forfeit the first game.
- If enough players to start a game arrive by 10 after the scheduled start time, the remaining 2 games will be played as scheduled.
- Once 10 minutes after the scheduled start time has passed, the match is recorded as a forfeit and the teams are allowed to use the remaining time to practice or organize a pickup game.
- Teams forfeiting 2 or more matches during the regular season will be ineligible for playoffs.
- Each team plays 3 games per match.
Each game is played to 21 points.
- Matches will be stopped 45 minutes after the start time. The start time will be determined when the first bag is thrown. Matches stopped because of time limit will be halted at that point and will be resumed either later that night or when the two teams and the commissioner agree to resume the match.
- Our cornhole locations will designate adequate space for indoor play or (weather appropriate) outdoor play.
- Every effort will be made to have the cornhole boards set-up with 27 feet between the front edges of each board. When space constricts our ability to set-up with the standard size we reserve the right to shorten the distance.
Play consists of two teams of 2 with one player from each team standing on opposite ends.
- Players must stand on the same side of the board. For example, if one player has the board on their right side, then their teammate must have the opposite board on their left side.
- Each team has 4 bags of one color.
- All 8 bags begin at the same end.
- At the start of the 1st game, one player from each team tosses 1 bag. The team closest to the hole throws first.
- A player from the starting team tosses the first bag.
- When throwing, players must not step beyond the front of the board.
- If a thrown bag hits an obstruction over the playing area, the thrower gets the option to rethrow. The decision must immediately be made.
- Play continues by alternating tosses between the 2 opponent players until all 8 bags have been tossed.
- The winning team of each round tosses first in the next round.
The winner of game one begins game two. The winner of game two begins game three.
- A thrown bag that lands on the board = 1 point.
- A thrown bag that lands in the hole = 3 points.
- Points cancel out.
- e.g. If Team A has 5 points on the board and Team B has 2 points on the board, then Team A gets 3 points for the round and Team B gets 0 points.
- The first team to 21 points wins.
- Teams do not need to reach 21 by exact count; you can go over 21.
- Any bags touching the ground or that hit the ground and bounce/roll onto the board do not count and should be removed from the board before the next toss.
- A single elimination tournament will be played on the final week of league play.
- The number of teams to qualify for the playoff tournament will vary from season to season based on the number of teams registered.
- Playoff seeds are based on win/loss record.
- All teams tied in the standings will use the following tiebreakers, in order, to determine seeding:
- Most regular season games won.
- Head to head.
- Points allowed.
- Points scored.
- Coin toss.
3-way tiebreakers: When 3 or more teams are tied; all teams will be ranked on the same criteria as opposed to knocking a team out then returning to the top of the tiebreaker list. Tiebreakers will be applied until all teams that are tied can be ranked using the same criteria. If the teams did not play one another in an even amount of games then “head to head” will be skipped.