WAIVER OF LIABILITY
- All participants must agree to the waiver of liability.
- The waiver can be accepted on each participating player’s dashboard.
- A waiver must be signed for each league that is participated in.
- All participants in the league assume the risk of injury. The PSL, its volunteers, and employees shall not be liable for injury to person, loss or damage to personal property arising from or in any way resulting from participation in the league.
- Unsportsmanlike conduct will not be tolerated.
- Any behavior that is deemed violent, harassing, and/or inappropriate in any way, as witnessed by the umpire, referee, or PUMP/PSL staff, will result in the actions outlined in our Sportsmanship Policy.
- A player who is ejected from a game must leave the premises immediately. Play will not resume until the ejected player has left.
- Officials reserve the right to end a game at any point if the overall sportsmanship is out of line.
- Captains are to be the team liaison to discuss any call or rule with an official during game play.
SUBMITTING A ROSTER
- Each team must submit a roster with a minimum of 3 and maximum of 4 players.
- Teams with 3 bowlers will be given a “dummy” bowler as their 4th.
- Dummy average for PSL is 120 pins for each game.
- No player may register for more than 1 team within the same league.
- Rosters must be submitted and a waiver form must be signed before any player may take the field.
- Rosters must be finalized and no changes are allowed after the 2nd week of play.
- No player who is not on your roster and signed a waiver form may play in the league.
- Only rostered players will be eligible for playoffs.
- A team consists of 4 players (no gender requirements).
- A team must have 3 players present to avoid forfeit.
- If you know that you will not be able to make it to your game, you may “roll off”.
- To “roll off” call Arsenal Lanes (412-683-5992) the week before you will not be there and set up a time to go bowl 3 games. Arsenal will record these scores and they will be used for your team that upcoming week in your absence.
- Any absent players who do not roll off will be given their average minus 10 pins.
- If your team does forfeit, bowlers that do show up should still bowl. Individual scores factor into the Kingpin and Queenpin competition as well as into the team’s season average.
- Substitute bowlers are not permitted
- When a league has an odd number of teams, a dummy team will be added. A dummy team has an average of 480 (4 bowlers at a 120 average). All regular rules apply when bowling the dummy team.
- The first night of bowling is used to determine averages for new players and teams. All scores will be corrected retroactively once the scores have been submitted and averages established.
- Returning bowlers will carry over their averages from the last season they played.
- Each team rolls three (3) games per night in competition with one opposing team.
- Handicaps are used in scoring (see Handicaps below).
- Handicaps are used in PSL bowling and are equal to 100% of the difference between the two competing teams’ averages.
- The team with the lower average is awarded the handicap for each game bowled in competition.
- A league wide playoff tournament will be held on a Sunday after the season is over.
- The playoff date will be announced once league play has started.
- Playoff formats vary from season to season based on the number of teams, lane availability, etc.
- Generally, multiple teams from each division are invited to the league wide playoff tournament.
- Playoff teams are determined by win/loss record or team average.
- Bowlers must be present for bowling playoffs.
- A team must have at least 3 players present to avoid forfeit.
- Any player absent from playoffs will be awarded their average minus 10 pins.
- Bowlers may not roll off for playoffs.
- Your league fee includes shoe rental.
- Bowling balls are available for your use at the bowling alley.
- You may bring you own shoes and/or bowling ball.
- All teams tied in the standings will use the following tiebreakers, in order, to determine seeding:
- Most regular season wins. Ties count as ½ a win.
- Head to head.
- Team average
- Coin toss.
3-way tiebreakers: When 3 or more teams are tied, all teams will be ranked on the same criteria as opposed to knocking a team out then returning to the top of the tiebreaker list. Tiebreakers will be applied until all teams that are tied can be ranked using the same criteria. If the teams did not play one another in an even amount of games then “head to head” will be skipped.
The PSL has two categories for individual competition in bowling playoffs - Kingpin and Queenpin. We are able to categorize most people through the process of PSL registration but there are situations in which we don’t have all the information we need. If your name of PSL account is androgynous, or if you prefer to compete in the group that better defines your identity, we ask that you let us know the correct category that you should be competing in so we can correct out recordkeeping. Please email Ky to make any adjustments.