Playoffs & Seeding
The number of teams qualifying for playoffs will vary based on how many teams register for the league. Either all of teams will make playoffs, or only the top four teams will make playoffs. PSL will use the following point system: three (3) points for a win, one (1) point for a tie and zero (0) points for a loss.
To determine a team’s rank in the regular season standings, teams will be seeded in the following manner:
Tie breakers in order:
- Head-to-Head record
- Goal differential (total goals scored in the season – total goals given up in the season)
- Least number of forfeits
- Least Goals Allowed
- Coin Toss
SPITTING ON THE FIELD IS NOT PERMITTED, VIOLATION WILL RESULT IN A TWO (2) MINUTE PENALTY.
- Soccer cleats or flats are permitted.
- All players must wear shin-guards.
- Mouth guards are recommended, but are not required.
- Goalies may use their own gloves.
- Games will begin with a kickoff at the center circle. The ball may be kicked forward or backwards. The defending team must stand outside the circle, no closer than six (6) feet to the ball.
- Kickoffs are used at the beginning of the game, the beginning of the half, and after any goal scored.
- If the ball leaves the field of play over the goal line or the touchline play will restart in accordance to FIFA Laws.
- If the ball hits the ceiling the restart will be an indirect kick directly under the spot where the ball hit.
- All restarts are to be taken within six (6) seconds of possession, any intentional delay to restart the game will result in loss of possession (i.e. throw-ins will change possession, indirect kicks will change possession, goal kicks will result in an indirect free kick from the penalty spot and corner kicks will result in an indirect free kick from the corner arc).
- All standard soccer laws will be enforced in accordance to FIFA laws. All fouls and restarts will be restarted with an INIDIRECT KICK.
- EXCEPTION: Any foul committed inside the goalkeeper arc, which are deemed to be direct kicks, which will result in a penalty kick.
- Penalty kicks will be taken an additional three (3) yards from the top of the penalty arc.
- Defensive players must be five (5) yards away from the top of the goalkeeper’s arc on all goal-kicks and are not permitted to challenge the kick.
- Defensive players must be five (5) yards away from corner kicks.
- Defensive players must be five (5) yards away from goal kicks.
- Defensive players must be three (3) yards away from the touchline on all opponent’s throw-ins.
- Goalkeepers are not permitted to cross the center line. An infraction will result in an indirect free kick from the center circle.
- Goalkeepers are not permitted to drop-kick the ball. An infraction will result in an indirect free kick from the center circle.
- Slide tackling is not permitted. A slide tackle will result in a two (2) minute penalty.
- This excludes the keeper inside their own box.
- Offside rule will apply.
- Substitutions can be made on the fly.
If a team goes up by seven (7) goals, that team will take a man player off the field until the goal differential is back to a five (5) goal differential.
FOULS AND MISCONDUCT
Fouls deemed to be worthy of a yellow card will result in the offending player being given a two (2) minute penalty.
The team will play short for those two (2) minutes unless the opposing team scores, at which point the team may add the offending player (or any other substitute) to the game.
EXCEPTION: If the goalkeeper is given a yellow card a man player from the offending team will be designated to serve the two (2) minute penalty in his place.
Any serious foul play or violent conduct will be given a red card and the offending team will play down a player for the remainder of the game.
Red card offenses require the offending team to play down one player for five (5) minutes, regardless if the opposing teams scores.
Players receiving a red card must leave the game and may not return.
Further sanctions (player suspensions) may be applied, depending on the nature of the foul.
SOFT RED CARDS (TWO YELLOW CARDS)
Players receiving two (2) yellow cards in one game will be ejected from the game and require the offending team to play down one player for five (5) minutes, regardless if the opposing team scores.
However, unlike a straight red card, the offending player will not be subjected to a suspension.
Please note that these suspensions are subject to consideration by the PSL, and depending on the severity of the infraction, further discipline or eviction from the league may occur.
Red cards for serious foul play will result in a one (1) game suspension for the offending player.
Red cards for violent conduct will result in a three (3) game suspension for the offending player.
If the violent conduct includes fighting, the suspension will be five (5) games.
If any player receives three (3) yellow cards in a season, they will have to sit one (1) game.
If any player receives five (5) yellow cards in a season, they will be suspended for the remainder of this season and put on probation for next season.
If said player receives two (2) yellow cards the following season, they will be suspended for the remainder of that season and continue to be on probation until they have successfully completed a season with one (1) or less yellow cards.